Warm weather is just around the corner, and that can only mean one thing—spring cleaning. Spring is almost here, and that means we get to welcome and prepare for a fresh start. Now is the perfect time to stow away your winter-related items, declutter unnecessary items, reorganize, and refresh the office. We encourage you to make the most of the upcoming season by reading the rest of our blog post, which contains the benefits of office spring cleaning and tips on where to begin.
Cleaning is always a good idea—especially now—as we continue to live with the pandemic along with practicing better hygiene. Five benefits that can stem from spring cleaning your office include:
- Reduced stress
- Increased productivity
- Positive mood
- Allergy symptom relief
- Healthier lifestyle
Cleaning can help reduce stress because it offers a sense of accomplishment and a very relaxing experience. If you cannot find what you are looking for, digging through piles of papers and other office materials can be time-consuming and stressful. By cleaning out your office space, you’ll spend less time worrying and stressing about where specific items are.
It should come as no surprise that a clean workspace helps to increase productivity. Having pens, papers, staplers, and other office supplies scattered around your desk can be distracting you from your priorities. Moreover, tossing away unnecessary clutter, organizing, and placing your items back where they belong, also improves your workflow efficiency. Your workspace will look more presentable as well.
Clutter stimulates negative emotions such as irritability and confusion. However, a clean workspace inspires positive emotions such as calmness and contentment. A clean environment will help to elevate your mood as it gives you better control of your surroundings. Not to mention, you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment once your workspace is neat and tidy.
Allergy Symptom Relief
Aside from cleaning, the springtime is also unfortunately known for being allergy season. For employees who suffer from seasonal allergies, we recommend putting together a regular cleaning and disinfecting routine to get rid of dust and pollen. Also, it’s important to check your office’s ventilation system to ensure good indoor air quality.
All of the benefits above combined support an overall healthier lifestyle physically, mentally, and emotionally. Spring is the season for new beginnings, so get started by cleaning out your workspace today. Not sure where to start? Read our tips below!
Spring Cleaning Tips
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces, especially those you are in daily contact with, such as your desk, keyboard, door handles, etc.
- Declutter and organize your drawers, placing everything back where they belong and tossing away unnecessary items.
- Keep only your frequently used supplies on your desk and store the rest.
- Manage long, messy wires or cables by using velcro strips for a neat and professional look.
- Perform a digital declutter by getting rid of files and emails that you no longer need and organizing the icons on your desktop to make them more easily accessible.
- Check-in with the appropriate manager regarding the office ventilation system.
- Make cleaning and disinfecting a part of your weekly routine if possible—if not, consider hiring a commercial cleaning company to come in once a week or as needed.
Integrity Janitorial Cleaning Services, Inc. can provide you with a wide variety of services to keep your office clean, including janitorial work, carpet cleaning, floor care, office building cleaning, and more!
Contact us today to freshen up your facility for the upcoming spring season. Click here now to schedule a free consultation and experience the benefits of office spring cleaning.