Cleaning your office is a task that is usually a low priority. But did you know that you are much more of an efficient worker when your space is clean and organized? Integrity Janitorial Cleaning Services understands these statistics and wants your office to be running at its most productive. We have a few ideas on how to clean your office efficiently to stay clean and tidy to maximize your work.
- Start by filing any paperwork or loose papers on your desk. Organize it with some organizers you can buy at any supply store, file papers in a clearly labeled system for easy access when necessary. Everything must have a place, including essential paperwork. This step is first because you cannot properly sanitize, dust, or wipe down areas covered in papers.
- Next, you can wipe down your desk with safe cleaners for the surface. Pay special attention to phone receivers, buttons, calculators, or other items that have heavy use on your desk and may hold onto germs and bacteria. Move to other areas to sanitize items away from your desks, such as light switches and door handles.
- Using a dust cloth and dusting spray, dust shelves, air duct vents, and any area that might collect dust, or you can visibly see dust. Another great option is to hire a green eco-friendly cleaning company to have your offices professionally cleaned while not introducing harmful chemicals into the workplace.
- Empty all trashcans and wipe down the lids that people touch or food or areas where other dirt accumulates. Trashcans are germ magnates that hide germs people leave behind, and people throw away rotten food and hazardous waste. Trashcans also create bad smells that can radiate throughout the office if not taken out or thoroughly cleaned regularly.
- According to several office cleaning companies, floors are a big area for harboring dirt, smells, and bacteria. Think of all the places people walk with their shoes, including bathroom floors and streets. They are using those same shoes to step in and out of your office day after day. To clean your carpet, you can rent a steam cleaner for harsh stains. Running a vacuum once a week can keep materials from making their way deep into the carpet.
Once your office is in tip-top shape, the two other areas that tend to collect the most dirt are break rooms and waiting rooms. These are shared spaces used by many people day after day. You want to treat it the same as your office space. Straighten any books, file papers, and sanitize by wiping down any surfaces that you can, including desk surfaces, tables, phones, light switches, and door handles. Empty trashcans, run a vacuum and dust any surfaces like the tops of shelves that may collect dust.
At Integrity Janitorial Cleaning Services, we understand the importance of maintaining a clean and organized office to maximize productivity. Give us a call at 404-530-0811 or visit our website to read about other cleaning tips. Sign up for a free consultation on our services in Atlanta or nationwide.