When cleaning, most of us probably take our time. But as a facility owner looking to hire a commercial cleaning company, you understand that time is money. That’s why you need to know you are getting your money’s worth when working with a commercial cleaning company. To help, we put together a list of the top 5 KPIs janitorial service providers should be tracking.
What is a KPI?
Key performance indicators (KPIs) are quantifiable measurements that show how well a company is doing regarding business objectives. KPIs’ information is essential to developing strategies, making improvements where necessary, and guiding the company in the right direction.
In the cleaning industry, there are five categories of KPIs. Under those categories are the actual KPIs that your cleaning company should be tracking the metrics and measure progress. Full transparency of this information will help you decide if the company’s work is up to standard and whether or not to move forward with their services.
The five KPI categories are:
- Quality of Service
- Client Satisfaction and Responsiveness
- Cleaning Crew
Quality of Service
Cleaning companies should be conducting quality audits on:
- Individual employees, or their respective teams, to determine if additional training is necessary
- Location or department to see if improvements are needed
- Items and equipment to ensure they are functional
Client Satisfaction and Responsiveness
When reporting on client satisfaction and responsiveness, cleaning companies must record any feedback they receive, including:
- Customer surveys
- Customer complaints
- Special requests submitted compared to special requests completed
When reporting on cleaning technicians, cleaning companies should be tracking the following:
- Employee attendance and absenteeism
- Employee retention and turnover rates
- Time on site (the amount of cleaning per hour)
- Task performance (completion of all tasks assigned)
- Cost per area cleaned
- Hours dedicated to training on policies and procedures
Cleaning providers should compare their actual expenses to their allocated budgets, including the amount spent on:
Cleaning companies must keep safety records on:
- The number of near-misses
- Number of lost workday incidents
- Number of OSHA recordable incidents
- Floor slip resistance training to test floor safety
We’re Here to Help
In the commercial cleaning industry, companies must meet standard inspection benchmarks. Integrity Janitorial Cleaning Services raises the bar, holding our cleanliness standards to a higher level. We provide professional site-specific training for every new crew member, covering every type of location we service. We offer cleaning services for offices, warehouses, retail buildings, medical facilities, and more in the Atlanta area and nationwide.
If you are a facility owner looking for a commercial cleaning company that understands the KPIs needed to keep your building safe and clean, contact us today for a free consultation.